Users who have signed up for an account on our website (“Site”) can create content on the Site, and that content can be accessed and used by the Users’ participants (“Participants”). With regard to the personal data of the Participants, Easy LMS is regarded as “processor” as defined in the GDPR. Easy LMS’ terms and conditions cover the processing of the Participants’ personal data by Easy LMS.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and use the following personal data about our Users:
- Username (obligatory).
- Your email address (obligatory).
- Your password (obligatory, however we hash your password so that it is not legible for us or anyone else).
- The name of your company.
- The country of your, or your company’s location (obligatory).
- Your telephone number.
- Payment information (transactions in case of paid subscriptions).
- Preferred language.
- Your User data, including the activities in your account and the content you have created.
- Your correspondence with us.
- Your response to surveys about our services.
- If you are not a legal entity: invoicing and subscription information.
- Cookie ID.
Are you obliged to provide certain personal data?
Yes, we require the obligatory personal data set out above to be able to conclude and perform the agreement with you and to fulfill our legal obligations for administration and tax purposes. If you do not provide this personal data, we cannot conclude the agreement with you.
What do we use the collected personal data for?
We use the personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable you to sign up for, and maintain an account (user/profile name, email address).
- To enable you to see your account activities and the content you have created.
- To secure your account (password).
- To send you an email confirmation of your order.
- To process your order and payments.
- To know in which country you are located, for invoicing, to know your timezone for support purposes, and for identifying your telephone number’s country code (the country of your, or your company’s location).
- To be able to offer you our services.
- For administration and tax purposes.
- To send service updates by email.
- To keep you up-to-date about our service and/or our company by email.
- To be able to communicate with you and provide support.
- To improve our services and user-friendliness (surveys).
- To know more about our website visitors and to improve the user-friendliness of our website (we only use functional cookies and analytical cookies for which no consent is required).
- To know more about our clients and their use of our services.
- To maintain a commercial relationship with our clients.
On what legal grounds do we use your personal data?
We can ask your consent for specific types of use of your personal data.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data to others.
We use third party service providers to help us operate the services:
- We use an internet service provider to host the Site and our email functionality.
- We use a mailing service provider to send mailings by email.
- We use an online tool to communicate with our clients when they ask for support.
- We use an online chat tool to enable website users to chat with us online.
- We use payment service providers to process clients’ payments (payment providers used by clients through their own account with such payment provider, are not our service providers).
- We use a subscription management system.
- We use an online customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- We use a service provider for analyzing our clients’ use of the Service.
Incidentally, Easy LMS may be obliged, pursuant to legal obligations, to share certain personal data with government authorities or third parties.
Is your data transferred outside the EEA?
No, we do not transfer any of your personal data outside the EEA.
If you are yourself located outside the EEA, when accessing and receiving your own personal data, it will be transferred to you for the purpose of concluding and performing the agreement we have with you or your company.
How long do we store your personal data?
We store the personal data in your account as long as you have a paid account or trial account registered with us and until two years after your last payment or the end of your trial. The personal data in our financial administration is stored for a maximum term of seven years. Our correspondence with you is stored for a maximum term of seven years. Cookie IDs are stored for 12 months.
Incidentally, we may have to store your personal data for longer periods, for example if this is necessary in relation to legal proceedings involving you, or a legal obligation imposed on us.
What rights do you have?
Pursuant to the GDPR, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- To ask for access and a copy of your personal data.
- To receive information about the manner in which we process your personal data.
- To have incorrect personal data corrected.
- To have incomplete personal data completed, taking into account the purposes for which they were collected and/or used.
- Under certain conditions, to have your personal data deleted.
- Under certain conditions, to have your personal data restricted.
- Under certain conditions, to object to certain use of your personal data.
- If you have given consent, to revoke your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of the earlier processing based on your consent.
- If you have provided or created the personal data yourself and the processing is based on your consent or for the conclusion and/or performance of the agreement with you, and the personal data is processed by automated means: to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller.
- To lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
We may in some cases be entitled to refuse to comply with your request. We will then inform you of the reasons for the refusal. We will not be able to perform the agreement with you if we no longer have the obligatory personal data about you, which we will notify you of as well.
If you have questions, requests, or complaints about your personal data, please use the contact details below.
How to contact us
Easy LMS B.V.
Oude Delft 48
2611 CD Delft
This document was last updated on 18 November 2021.
18 November 2021
Removed the privacy shield and non-EEA data transfers from Is your data transferred outside the EEA?
18 November 2021
Added our new subscription management system.
24 February 2021
Changed our company name from Quizworks to Easy LMS.
Effortless GDPR Training Excellence
Are you a GDPR trainer who wants to combine in-person and online training with minimal effort? Easy LMS is the #1 online tool for GDPR training companies. Minimize your effort, and maximize your time and training results! Take a step toward success!